For Developers
Manufacturer Support
Appliances
Training & Certification

Import of Inbound Routes

Forum for your wishes and suggestions

Import of Inbound Routes

Postby CliveA » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:42 am

I would like to suggest that you add a .CSV file import (same as the one you offer for importing and creating extensions) for the creation of large numbers of inbound routes. This may sound like and unusual request however I am using a 4 x E1 digital Digium board (which installed automatically and perfectly) and I have millions of inbound DDI's to utilize. As my system is using a digital card to hook up to the Telco Switch over EuroISDN - the method which is documented in the Elastix Without Tears manual admits that digital inbound DDI's are not recognised at the moment. I am using the full 11 digit UK telephone number to route calls to the correct extensions - this works fine - but I have to create inbound route for each telephone number manually. I am very impressed with your software it works perfectly.

I tried the 64 bit version which is even more efficient on resources than the 32bit version - but we have problems when having to install 3rd party Sound conversion programs to play MP3/WAV files on the fly in music on hold. So had to reinstall the 32bit version.

I would also like to see some method of accessing (or at least finding out) the name and location of the MySQL database files which control inbound routes and extensions (which will help).

Another problem area for me has been that when I have copied UK default system prompts over the top of the default USA ones - the UK ones - will no longer play! Copying back the old USA prompts hasnt fixed the problem either? Any answers on how to fix this appreciated. (Maybe you could allow us to select from a menu which System prompts to use for which IVR application etc).

Keep up the excellent work

Best Regards

Clive
CliveA
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re:Import of Inbound Routes

Postby jedaustin » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:22 pm

You can do this in the unembedded interface (FreePBX) using the bulkDIDS module.
Also the BulkExtensions FreePBX module is better than the Elastix import/export feature as it works with more extension types (such as Custom).
jedaustin
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Import of Inbound Routes

Postby RogerNetsys » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:56 pm

This third Party tool addon is capable to uploud tousend of did's?
I am looking to add like 4,000 Callers ID to route to diferent destinations.
Thanks.
UsVox
Connecting People
RogerNetsys
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby jedaustin » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:08 pm

You may have to do it in batches but yes it should handle that.
I did a system with 416 DIDS last year.
Create the first one by hand, Export, and use Excel to make changes.
I used simple excel concatenate formulas to propegate changes between rows and then just used cut/paste to create all of the rows. When you're done you have to save as CSV and then load back in.
Not terribly difficult if what you're doing is linear; worst case you can do it by hand in excel and bulk load.
I recommend doing one row, checking the results, and then doing the rest if you're satisfied.

JD
jedaustin
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby dicko » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:15 pm

Yes it should work, but 4000 DID's will have an impact on FreePBX as you later apply changes, look into a SIP proxy to do this behind your Asterisk Box if you are getting that big. Asterisk will have to parse about 100000 lines of text (my guess) to work out what you you want to do, each time a call comes in.

Be very careful with the formatting of your columns though, Many Spreadsheets will assume your DID's are numbers when in fact they should be text, did's (or extensions if using the corollary bulk extensions) starting with 0 will spoil your whole day.
There are other solutions!!
dicko
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby RogerNetsys » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:42 pm

Thanks I will let you know how we are doing, I did create a couple by hand, and tomorrow I will loud a couple hundred to see how it acts.
Again Thanks.
UsVox
Connecting People
RogerNetsys
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Return to New features