For Developers
Manufacturer Support
Appliances
Training & Certification

Paging / Intercom not working right Aastra 6755i

Problems and solutions with Astra hardware

Paging / Intercom not working right Aastra 6755i

Postby reynolwi » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:10 am

So... I was given several Aastra 67xxi phones and some accessories. So I did some looking and found the latest instructions for installing the Aastra XML on Elastix. Got what looks like the latest XML scripts version 2.3.0 installed with no problems. Ran the setup-aastra-xml command and setup the aastra.cfg file so grabbed a 6755i phone and plugged it in and it did its configuration steps and I got it setup with my extension.

Everything is working great except the intercom is not working right. When i push the intercom button it just activates the speakerphone and gives me a dial tone, but doesnt seem to dial the intercom/page extension. If i manually dial the intercom/page extension it rings, beeps, all the other phones go into intercom/page mode and beep, then the aastra instantly disconnects and the other phones revert back.

I cant seem to intercom/page from the aastra phone... Did i setup something wrong? How do I get this working correct?
Wm Reynolds
President & Co-Founder
RRWDS Co.

www.rrwds.com
A DELL Registered Partner

Network Error:
Hit any user to continue
reynolwi
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Re:Paging / Intercom not working right Aastra 6755i

Postby reynolwi » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:51 pm

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have checked settings and the asterisk log. I can see where when i manually dial the intercom/page extension it connects all the phones and then it shows the aastra hanging up instantly.

If i push the intercom button on the phone i just get a dial tone and it does nothing.

I ran the aastra utility tool to check settings on the server and everything came back passed.
Wm Reynolds
President & Co-Founder
RRWDS Co.

www.rrwds.com

Network Error:
Hit any user to continue
reynolwi
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby dicko » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:40 pm

Maybe do a factory reset, local provisioning over-rides all, I say this as to that function, IWFM, a caveat, I have only used it on 32 bit OS's as per their recommendation.
There are other solutions!!
dicko
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby reynolwi » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:22 pm

I didnt manually provision the phone. I let the phone auto provision itself just like the instructions said to do. All i did was when the phone booted up and asked for me to enter the extension number and password i entered it. Then it rebooted did the auto setup and connected.

Thats why Im confused as to why Im having problems with the intercom feature.
Wm Reynolds
President & Co-Founder
RRWDS Co.

www.rrwds.com

Network Error:
Hit any user to continue
reynolwi
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby dicko » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:25 pm

As I said
. . .Maybe do a factory reset, local provisioning over-rides all . . .

you said you inherited them. . . . maybe your benefactor did some "Manual provisioning", it's all very well documented by Aastra and available on their site.
dicko
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby RazorbaQ » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:42 am

I have the same phones and problem, even after rerunning the setup-aastra-xml and restoring factory defaults and deleting local config files. Another ideas?
RazorbaQ
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby reynolwi » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:51 pm

Ok... after checking I am thinking this is a elastix issue now because NONE of my phones can page. I have several Grandstream gxp-2000s and a gxp-2010 that were working perfectly and could use the intercom and page feature. Now they all act like the aastra phone. You dial the intercom extension all the phones beep enter page mode then disconnect. And the meet-me / conference doesnt work either as well now. It wont even let me connect to it.
Wm Reynolds
President & Co-Founder
RRWDS Co.

www.rrwds.com

Network Error:
Hit any user to continue
reynolwi
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby dicko » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:37 pm

It occurs to me to ask "from what script did you install this" if you didn't use the particular Elastix version, then the the http queries from/to the phone will be transmuted to https by the Elasix default apache server , and hence will not work. I have implemented these scripts many times on many 32 bit pre 2.0 servers (IMHO neither 64 bit OS's or Elastix 2.0.? are as yet not totally reliable for production Asterisk/FreePBX use, YMMV of course), all these servers work as advertised.

ref:

http://www.aastratelecom.com/cps/rde/xc ... /35707.htm

please read the documentation also, or you will miss a whole bunch of possible function (or indeed even basic function :) )
dicko
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby RazorbaQ » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:27 am

Thank you for your response and direction, I'm running 2.0something and did not realize it wasn't a production server. I'm going to rebuild 1.6 today and start the build/text project. What astrick ver would you recommend running with it? or should I not upgrade from the ISO at all?

Thank you for your direction.
RazorbaQ
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby reynolwi » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:49 pm

Dicko,

I am running 32bit Elastix 2.0 release 58 and installed the Asstra XML scripts for Elastix version 2.3.0

I did not have any problems installing the scripts nor have I had any problems with elastix 2.0 but the page feature was working on the grandstream phones and now no phone can use the page feature.
Wm Reynolds
President & Co-Founder
RRWDS Co.

www.rrwds.com

Network Error:
Hit any user to continue
reynolwi
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby dicko » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:26 pm

The XML scripts should have absolutely no effect on the FreePBX/Asterisk programming, They just make an elegant interface between Asterisk's state and the state of the phones through an XML server.

If *80 does not page anymore, then you must have changed something else.

By default from the feature code page, *54 and *55 will enable and disable the intercom feature of the phone (if supported), for paging to work intercom must be enabled on the extensions paged. Page groups you have setup can just be to be dialed from any phone allowed, all phones in that group will in effect be intercom'ed , does that work? check the various options on that page also.

All the above being equal, then again please read very carefully the Aastra XML manuals.

(I have no idea how Grandstream's work, my previous experience is that in general they do so only marginally and that only briefly. I tend to microwave them on sight :) , I just assure you that the Aastra script will not have anything to do with their non-operation, if in doubt, just read it, it does state it is only supported on 32 bit OS's at my last read, , I also don't use Elastix 2.0 yet in any useful fashion, so maybe you better await input from someone who does )

regards

dicko
dicko
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby reynolwi » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:48 pm

i understand all that. *80 works just fine its the paging groups that is having the problems. The paging groups use to work on the grandstream phones and now they dont work at all. I do not see any errors in the asterisk logs when you dial a page group. It shows the phone dials the page group extension it connects the phones then disconnects and the phones go back to inactive.
Wm Reynolds
President & Co-Founder
RRWDS Co.

www.rrwds.com

Network Error:
Hit any user to continue
reynolwi
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby dicko » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:56 pm

I'm sorry I just have never experienced that behavior, to my knowledge the only addition to the base FreePBX contexts are in:

/etc/asterisk/extensions_aastra.conf

and it's inclusion upline in extensions_custom.conf. There is nothing in there that would change anything, you could comment it out, or even uninstall the script to check. (yum remove aastra-xml-scripts)

perhaps a bug in the bug-tracker link below?

Perhaps feedback from other Elastix 2.0 Aastra XML users?

dicko
dicko
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby mustardman » Tue May 24, 2011 6:30 pm

I just ran into this problem on a non-Elastix system and figured out why. It may not be the reason others are having the problem but I will mention it anyways.

Paging uses app_meetme. Starting with Asterisk 1.6.2 and FreePBX v2.9 you have the option of installing app_confbridge for conferencing. However if you do that the app_page application will not be installed.

I'm assuming that Elastix still installs with app_meetme by default so it may not be the same problem others here are having. You might want to check of meetme conferencing is working and if not check the timing source which is DAHDI.

So to summarize. If meetme conferencing is not working then paging won't work.
mustardman
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby reynolwi » Tue May 24, 2011 7:56 pm

In fact meet-me does not work at all. On the aastra phones I hit meet-me and select the room I created and the phone instantly disconnects like I hung the phone up. All the other phones act the same way.

So how do I go about fixing this problem?
Wm Reynolds
President & Co-Founder
RRWDS Co.

www.rrwds.com

Network Error:
Hit any user to continue
reynolwi
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Next

Return to Aastra