Appliances
Training & Certification

Setting up Elastix Email

General help forum

Setting up Elastix Email

Postby Amphibian » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:24 pm

Using Version 2.2.0-23

Question about Elastix & Postfix:

1: Under "Email" Tab, in "Domains" can one use like "mypbx.local as a domain and use it for send/receive just inside network? I set it up this way and try to do a send/receive from Evolution and I get:

"unable to get certificate from 'etc/pki/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-imapd.pem'.
TLS server engine: cannot load cert/key data
error initializing TLS

I have checked some forums and there were several about going into postfix and setting TLS to no but I don't see that on my main.cf

2: Under "Remote SMTP" I set all up and I checked mail log and see where my remote to yahoo test account keeps showing "Connection Time out". Is this a failure to communicate or a timing issue that the connection needs to be open longer and if so does anyone know where I do that as I'm not real familiar with postfix.

I had it all setup before under version 1.6. When I went to do the 2.2.0-23 version and setit up as before I could never get it to work. So then I restored back to original and went to the GUI and still can't seem to get it to work.

I also tried to use the smtp.gmail.com in "Remote SMTP" with the port values I use for my Evolution and everytime I tried to save it would display error that it couldn't send a "hello" mail. Anyone set up 2.2.0-23 with gmail maybe give a hint on how you made it work?

Any knowledge would be helpful...

Amphibian
"I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but, I'm not the only dull tool in the shed either.
Amphibian
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re:Setting up Elastix Email (Solved)

Postby Amphibian » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:41 pm

I found the answers to the following questions asked before:

"1: Under "Email" Tab, in "Domains" can one use like "mypbx.local as a domain and use it for send/receive just inside network? I set it up this way and try to do a send/receive from Evolution and I get:

"unable to get certificate from 'etc/pki/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-imapd.pem'.
TLS server engine: cannot load cert/key data
error initializing TLS

I have checked some forums and there were several about going into postfix and setting TLS to no but I don't see that on my main.cf"

Answer: Found problem in DNS Server.

"2: Under "Remote SMTP" I set all up and I checked mail log and see where my remote to yahoo test account keeps showing "Connection Time out". Is this a failure to communicate or a timing issue that the connection needs to be open longer and if so does anyone know where I do that as I'm not real familiar with postfix.

I had it all setup before under version 1.6. When I went to do the 2.2.0-23 version and setit up as before I could never get it to work. So then I restored back to original and went to the GUI and still can't seem to get it to work.

I also tried to use the smtp.gmail.com in "Remote SMTP" with the port values I use for my Evolution and everytime I tried to save it would display error that it couldn't send a "hello" mail. Anyone set up 2.2.0-23 with gmail maybe give a hint on how you made it work?"

Answer: It helps to open the ports in CFS firewall

Thanks

Amphibian
"I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but, I'm not the only dull tool in the shed either.
Amphibian
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re:Setting up Elastix Email (Solved)

Postby DaveD » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:00 am

[quote="Amphibian"]

Answer: It helps to open the ports in CFS firewall

Amphibian

Ahh yes I have forgot to do that a few times, couldn't work out why my music would not stream until I looked at the CSF logs
DaveD
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re:Setting up Elastix Email

Postby Amphibian » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:07 pm

Well, I thought I had it under control.

When you set up a user in Elastix, then set up a domain like mypbx.local under email tab, then create a user account how do you get to that user account from an external email program like say Evolution?

I set up a user account and use roundcube and no problem. I try to get to user account from within Evolution and no go.

So account info is say:

user: mickeymouse
domain: mypbx.local
Ip of domain: 192.168.1.200

so would it be sy one of the following or what?

moickeymouse@192.168.1.200

or

mickeymouse@mypbx.local

I ask as neither one works. Do I need to put a port number after it and if so what port is required. Trying to set this up an an email server within network.

Thanks

Amphibian
Amphibian
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re:Setting up Elastix Email

Postby cwood » Fri May 25, 2012 10:25 am

Thought I would ask if there was an update for the location where you can update the IP address by editing the source of the email and replace the internal IP address with the desired url, as I am running into the same issue. I still not able to located what is actually getting called and generating the email.

'Ip of domain: 192.168.1.200'

I have checked multiple other threads, although no solution to the issue. Appreciate it :)
cwood
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Return to Help